Adventure Creator added official lip-sync support for SALSA in version 1.43. While this release added integrated support for Salsa2D, Salsa3D already worked in previous releases of Adventure Creator through the Dialogue : Play speech Action. Click here to read the announcement from ICEBOX Studios, the developer of Adventure Creator. In addition to the native support capabilities, we're excited to announce our new free SALSA Custom Actions add-on for Adventure Creator. This free add-on exposes essential SALSA and RandomEyes function access to the fantastic Adventure Creator system. We're also pleased to announce a TextSync integration option using our new Adventure Creator listener for TextSync add-on. Together, these systems offer automatic lipsync of dialogue audio and dialogue text using Adventure Creators native Dialogue : Play speech Action, and we think that's pretty cool!
03/28/2017 - v0.3 Initial public beta release.
03/28/2017 - v1.2 TextSync ACListener available in downloads. Requires SALSA, TextSync, and Adventure Creator. A scene-based prefab that taps into Adventure Creators OnStartSpeech and OnStopSpeech events to provide automatic lipsync to dialogue audio and dialogue text using Adventure Creators native Dialogue : Play speech Action.
Free SALSA Action add-on for Adventure Creator
Be sure to install the SALSA with RandomEyes and Adventure Creator Assets into your project before importing this add-on.
Key SALSA with RandomEyes public API methods have a corresponding Adventure Creator Action. Please reference the Classes, Methods, & Properies section of the SALSA with RandomEyes manuals for more information. The manuals can be found here:
Once the add-on is installed, all SALSA and RandomEyes Actions are available in the ActionList Editor under Action type: Third Party.
- Set a Salsa2D audio clip and optionally play the clip. (Adventure Creators Action type: Dialogue : Play speech recommended)
- Set a Salsa3D audio clip and optionally play the clip. (Adventure Creators Action type: Dialogue : Play speech recommended)
- Set a RandomEyes2D look target for target eye tracking.
- Set a RandomEyes3D look target for target eye tracking.
- After setting up facial expression groups in RandomEyes3D, use this to activate/deactivate an expression group.
- After setting up facial expression groups in RandomEyes3D, use this to activate an expression group for a specified duration.
Adventure Creator integration options for TextSync (text-to-lipsync) add-on.
What do you get when you combine SALSA real-time lipsync, our free TextSync (text-to-lipsync) add-on, and the amazing Adventure Creator system? Seemless lipsync to dialogue audio and dialogue text using only the native Adventure Creator Dialogue : Play speech Action.
- Setup interaction and dialogue exchanges using Adventure Creators Dialogue : Play speech Action as you normally would.
- Add SALSA to your characters (step depend on characters used).
- Add TextSync to your characters.
- Download the [Adventure Creator listener for TextSync] add-on from the downloads link below and add it to your project.
- Add a [CM_TextSync_ACListener] prefab to your scene.
- [GameObject] -> [Crazy Minnow Studio] -> [TextSync] -> [CM_TextSync_ACListener prefab]
- Select the [CM_TextSync_ACListener] GameObject prefab that's been added to the scene and in the custom Inspector select [Browse] to select the Resources folder that contains audio dialogue (even if you aren't using audio dialogue).
NOTE: While every attempt has been made to ensure the safe content and operation of these files, they are provided as-is, without warranty or guarantee of any kind. By downloading and using these files you are accepting any and all risks associated and release Crazy Minnow Studio, LLC of any and all liability.
Simple Automated Lip Sync Approximation
~ We look forward to seeing what you create! ~