AmplitudeSALSA is a free add-on that acts as a bridge between SALSA and Amplitude to allow SALSA Lipsync to work on the WebGL platform. If you aren't familiar with SASLA or Amplitude, you can read about them using the links below. Amplitude is our newest asset that provides amplitude and beat detection on the WebGL platform. Watch the SALSA with Amplitude video below!
NOTE: Unity version 2017.2+ is required to build for the WebGL target platform when using SALSA LipSync v2.
UPDATE [2019-07-01] - now available for SALSA LipSync v2, requires Unity version 2017.2+ to build for WebGL. Ensure the SALSA References Section is set to "Use External Analysis" - this should be enabled at runtime if it not enabled at design-time.
- Install SALSA into your project using your preferred method.
- Install Amplitude into your project using your preferred method.
- Install the AmplitudeSALSA add-on into your project. Download the package from this page, using the link below.
- Setup a SALSA character as you normally would.
- Add the Amplitude component, link your SALSA AudioSource to the Amplitude.audioSource field, and leave the sample size and absolute values checkbox at their default settings.
- Add the AmplitudeSALSA component to the same GameObject where SALSA was added, be sure it auto linked your SALSA and Amplitude components, if not it should link them at runtime, or you can link them manually.
- While in the editor, play the scene, play your AudioClip, and adjust the AmplitudeSALSA boost to get the desired results. The results should look similar once compiled to WebGL.
- AmplitudeSALSA will automatically unlink the AudioSource from your SALSA component on Awake, since this needs to be unlinked to bypass SALSA's built in audio processing.
- NOTE: for SALSA LipSync v2, the AudioSource is not unlinked. Rather, the "Use External Analysis" option is enabled which has the same effect.
NOTE: While every attempt has been made to ensure the safe content and operation of these files, they are provided as-is, without warranty or guarantee of any kind. By downloading and using these files you are accepting any and all risks associated and release Crazy Minnow Studio, LLC of any and all liability.Download Files
Amplitude for WebGL
~ Make your web audio move! ~