Simply The Best
Real-time LipSync Asset
for Unity 2D/3D!
With a fast, iterative workflow that does not require baking or pre-processing, SALSA frees you to implement real-time lip-sync using technologies like: network voice-chat, text-to-speech, & live-microphone input. SALSA also works with any language or accent -- it even works with plain text input!
Spice up your character animations!
SALSA LipSync v2.5.3 Suite is now live on the Asset Store!
~ Use SALSA and love it? Please consider rating it on the Asset Store. ~
For the latest information and updates, please follow the forum thread.
Check out our newest integrations:
For the full list of supported integrations, workflows, and modeling systems, please visit our Features page.
SALSA LipSync Suite v2.5
SALSA LipSync Suite v2 has been completely re-written to provide more flexibility, a much higher degree of perceived accuracy, and more advanced animation technologies for your character models. Mix and match blendshapes, transforms, sprites, textures, etc. to create unlimited viseme and emote expressions. Expression components can now be reused within and across modules without conflict. The Suite includes three product modules to simplify 2D/3D lipsync, eye/head movement, and emote expression projects:
SALSA: Simple Automated Lip Sync Approximation for Unity developers
Simple Automated Lip Sync Approximation provides high quality, language-agnostic, lip sync approximation for your 2D and 3D characters. Audio dialog files are processed in real-time with our new look-ahead technology to reduce/eliminate timing lag. Audio processing works equally well with 2D or 3D audio configurations -- no more lip-movement falloff. A new Advanced Dynamics feature creates infinitely variable shape animation to prevent the stagnant or stalled look. You will get amazing, real-time results without labor intensive phoneme mapping or baking.
NOTE: Automatic, real-time lip-synchronization is language-agnostic and will work for any language.
Great-looking lip synchronization in 4 easy steps:
- Attach the component to a SALSA-ready model.
- Link up the mouth shapes (or use a compatible OneClick setup)
- Provide an audio source
- Hit Play = Automatic Lip Sync
Cool ways to use SALSA:
- Use your own voice for automatic lip sync with your character, using real-time microphone input, Dissonance Voice Chat, or PhotonVoice!
- Not an artist or 3D modeler? Check out our workflows for lip synchronization with Fuse Character Creator, Autodesk Character Generator (ACG), DAZ3D Genesis, UMA DCS, Reallusion iClone and CC3 models!
- Prefer a visual scripting system? Try our Playmaker, Behavior Designer, and NodeCanvas add-on's.
- Want to add lip-sync to your cut-scenes? Try Unity Timeline, Cinematic Sequencer SLATE, or Cinema Director.
- SALSA also has official support/integration with Dialogue System for Unity and Adventure Creator.
- Do you use Dark Tonic's Master Audio asset? Leverage its playlists to drive SALSA lip-synchronization!
- Use SALSA by itself or together with RandomEyes for best results.
A really great solution to lip sync, works great in 2D :) (★★★★★) -Michael (Unity Asset Store review)
Eyes: Natural Eye/Lid/Head Movement/Tracking
This module focuses on eye, eyelid, and head animation and tracking -- featuring random and programmatic eye movement, blinking, and GameObject-based tracking on any number of eyes/heads for your 2D and 3D characters. Allow your character model to randomly look around or configure her to focus on a target object with advanced micro-movements to eliminate static, robot-stare. Take control over vertical and horizontal saccade movements for more realism. And, if your model supports it, enable the new eyelid tracking option for the ultimate animation nuance (requires independently controllable upper and/or lower lids).Eye-movement animations now have a Target Affinity control, giving your characters a virtual attention span. Keep eye movement focused on a target for a randomized percentage of time. This feature loosens up a targeted eye and allows it to roam but still remain focused on the target.
Cool ways to use Eyes:
SALSA with Random Eyes is an ingenious creation that combines three elements of facial animation...(★★★★★) -Jonathon (Unity Asset Store review)
EmoteR (Emote Randomizer)
The emote randomization engine works alone or along-side SALSA and Eyes to drive random, emphasis-timed, repeating, or manual expression animations. Link with SALSA to add emphasis emotes with audio-based timing. Emotes are fired with priority over other expressions and seamlessly blend in and out using our new QueueProcessing technology to manage animation and overriding priority. EmoteR can be leveraged via supported timeline sequencing assets like Unity Timeline, Cinematic Sequencer SLATE, or Cinema Director for accurate control of start/stop expression functionality. Of course, you can also fire off emotes using your own code and our simple API.
Cool ways to use EmoteR:
- Link with SALSA to trigger emphasis emotes, timed with SALSA-analyzed audio sources.
- Easily drive repeating sequences like animated sprite sets.
- Time and trigger emotes from Unity Timeline.
Buy SALSA on the Asset Store
Documentation and Examples
SALSA LipSync Suite is easy to use. If programatic control is desired, the asset has a well-documented and sleek API.
Custom component inspectors provide code-free, configurable options, while exposing programmatic accessibility.
If you like to learn by watching more than reading, check out the video tutorials available on our YouTube channel.
Perfect for Indie & Mainstream Unity development teams:
- Designed with a low-impact, approachable workflow
- Includes a powerful API for programmatic control
- Works with a full list of popular assets and models
- Excellent support!
- Bunches of ★★★★★ testimonials
My experience with SALSA with RandomEyes has been first rate from the start. This tool saves loads of time and resources that would be necessary for other solutions. I couldn't believe the price point when I first saw the product and I will say that it is easily worth every cent and then some...(★★★★★) -Tim (Unity Asset Store review)
Promotional videos: see why our Unity lip syncing asset rocks!
Video Learning Series - Quick Start
Video Learning Series - Blender Shape Keys
SALSA LipSync Suite v2
by Crazy Minnow Studio, LLC
- Real-time, automatic Lip-Sync, Emotes, and Eye-Movement Animation Software
- A Unity development asset for PC/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS
- Avalable on the Unity Asset Store (v2.0 published 2019-06-20)
- Works with Unity 2017.4+ free/pro [additional requirements]
- Established 2014 [v1.0 published 2014-04-23]