The best, real-time, lip-sync & eye-movement asset for Unity 2D/3D!
With a fast, iterative workflow that does not require baking or pre-processing, SALSA frees you to implement real-time lip-sync using technologies like: network voice-chat, text-to-speech, & live-microphone input. SALSA also works with any language or accent -- it even works with plain text input!
Spice up your character animations!
SALSA: Simple Automated Lip Sync Approximation for Unity developers
High-quality Unity lip synchronization for your 2D and 3D characters using Sprite textures and Blend Shapes. Audio is processed in real-time to automate four basic mouth positions. This is the basis for lip-sync approximation. Instead of pre-processing or mapping shapes to audio markers, mouth movement is procedurally applied to a minimal set of mouth shapes to provide variation. Results are superior to basic jaw-bone animations and remove the complexity of labor-intensive, phoneme mapping. This is the Unity lip sync asset with the most features and best results for your money.
NOTE: Automatic lip-synchronization is language-agnostic and will work for any spoken language.
Great-looking lip synchronization in 4 easy steps:
- Attach the component to a SALSA-ready model.
- Link up the mouth shapes
- Provide an audio source
- Hit Play = Automatic Lip Sync
Cool ways to use SALSA:
- Use your own voice for automatic lip sync with your character, using real-time microphone input, Dissonance Voice Chat, or PhotonVoice!
- Not an artist or 3D modeler? Check out our workflows for lip synchronization with Fuse Character Creator, Autodesk Character Generator, DAZ3D, MCS(Morph 3D), UMA 2, iClone models and more (see the full list)!
- Prefer a visual scripting model? Playmaker and NodeCanvas add-on's are now available.
- Want to add lip-sync to your cut-scenes? Try Cinema Sequencer SLATE or Cinema Director.
- SALSA has official support/integration with Dialogue System for Unity, Adventure Creator, and NodeCavas
- Do you use Dark Tonic's Master Audio asset? Leverage its playlists to drive SALSA lip-synchronization!
- Use SALSA by itself or together with RandomEyes for best results.
RandomEyes: natural eye-movement and custom shape control
Random and programmatic eye movement, blinking, and GameObject-based eye tracking, on any number of eyes for your 2D and 3D characters. Eye animation uses BlendShapes and Sprite texture types. RandomEyes for 3D characters also provides randomized and programatic control over unlimited custom BlendShapes, great for use with emotions and any other BlendShape applications.
Eye-movement animations now have a Target Affinity control, giving your characters a virtual attention span. Keep eye movement focused on a target for a randomized percentage of time. This feature loosens up a targeted eye and allows it to roam but still remain focused on the target.
Cool ways to use RandomEyes:
- Use Fuse Character Creator, Autodesk Character Generator, DAZ3D, MCS(Morph 3D), UMA 2, and iClone models with RandomEyes!
- Get Playmaker, Cinema Director, or NodeCanvas actions for RandomEyes for visual scripting simplicity.
- RandomEyes may be used by itself or together with SALSA to complement awesome lip-sync with awesome eye-movement!
Unity lip-sync and eye-movement is easy to use. If programatic control is desired, the asset has a well-documented and sleek API, including options to send event-based responses for talk, look, and custom shape events to specified GameObjects.
Perfect for Indie & Mainstream Unity development teams:
- Designed with a low-impact, approachable workflow
- Includes a powerful API for programmatic control
- Works with a full list of popular assets and models
- Excellent support!
- Bunches of ★★★★★ testimonials
Promotional videos: see why our Unity lip syncing asset rocks!
Video Learning Series - Quick Start (more coming soon)
Video Learning Series - Blender Shape Keys (more coming soon)
SALSA with RandomEyes by Crazy Minnow Studio, LLC
- Automatic Lip-Sync and Eye-Movement Animation Software
- A Unity development asset for PC/Mac/Linux/mobile platforms
- Avalable on the Unity Asset Store (published 23 April 2014)
- Works with Unity 4.6+ free/pro [additional requirements]